Thursday, October 16, 2008

All is Well

Yesterday was a bit crazy. We went and did our final walk through at our new house and all looks great. We were scheduled to close at 4:00. We ran out the door with Cambree, Kyle's sister Nicole was watching Dillan and Brynn, and went on our way. We were waiting at the light on 3500 south at Bangerter Highway, when there was a big smash. We were rear ended. The car two back from us hit the car behind us, which then hit us and pushed us into the car in front of us. I went completely crazy! Cambree was screaming and I flipped out. She was fine but scared. There was another bang too. A nurse came from somewhere behind/next to us and checked her real quick for me and calmed me down. Luckily it wasn't too hard. Just loud and scary. I took her and ran off the road so she'd be safer. Kyle got our car into the parking lot then stopped traffic so the others could get out of the road and into the parking lot. There ended up being seven cars involved, 4 in our accident then it skipped two cars and then 3 more behind did the same thing! It was so crazy. Cambree calmed down quickly while I was holding her. I probably took longer to calm downt than she did. Our car is barely scratched. Thanks goodness everything was fine. I've always been terrified of that happening with the kids in the car. Dillan and Brynn would have been harder to calm down. We let our agent know that we would be late. We finally go there an hour late and signed on the houses! It's done and we're just waiting to hear when we'll get the key! I am so grateful that the accident was just emotional and didn't really hurt us. My back hurt pretty bad last night and my neck is stiff now but nothing serious. It could have been so bad though. Even if we were just one car back with Cambree it could've been worse. That was our very eventful evening yesteday. Now, as soon as we get into this house, I'll post pictures!!!

8 comments:

Nicky and Patrick said...

Drea~

I am so glad to hear you guys are okay. That's scary to be in a car crash. I am excited for you to get a house and to see pictures. We really need to get together sometime soon.

Love ya,
Ni

Melinda said...

Andrea, the same thing happened to Todd and I last year. On our way to close for the townhouse someone ran a red and hit us. Scarest thing ever!!! But I'm glad to hear you guys are okay and I'm so excited for you getting the house!!!!

Rasmussen Forever said...

Oh my goodness! What an ordeal! I'm happy all went well with your home and that you all were safe. Sorry about the car accident. That really stinks. I hope your weekend is great. Please let us know if we can help. Love you guys!

Ginamarie said...

Andrea, I found your blog from Tifani's facebook account. I hope you don't mind me taking a peek!

Oh my goodness! The accident sounds so scary. I am so glad that you and the family are okay.

Also, congratulations on your new house. I am so happy for you and your family!

Rochelle said...

Andrea,
Holy Cow! That is way scarey about the accident. I am so glad that you guys are ok and that you didn't have the other two kids with you. Hope your back and neck are ok. Good luck getting settled in the new house. Let me know if you need any help.

Stacy said...

How scary! I am glad that you guys were not hurt. What an eventful day! I am glad that you guys were able to close on your NEW house!!!! That is SO exciting. You will have to invite us over you know!! ;)

Holly said...

That's scary! I'm glad you are all ok and that you are probably in your house by now! How exciting to have your own place!!! I was run off the road a couple of weeks ago by a lady that came at me head on at 55 mph while I was going down the highway near our house. I think the Lord must have been watching over me because I had room to drive off the side of the road and only her mirror scraped my car going by. There are plenty of areas on that highway with no room to pull off the side, so I know I was blessed! I think I was also blessed to be able to keep a cool head which was great because my two little girls were in the car and they would have been scared. I'm so glad you are safe!

Lauri said...

Car accidents, no matter how minor are always scary! Especially when there are kids involved. I would have freaked out too. I'm glad everything was okay!