Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sick Brynn

This is what Brynn has looked like for the last 6 days!


Thursday early evening, she started throwing up. I thought that she would at least get to bed and stop throwing up and then over night would feel better. She had thrown up 8 or so times before going to bed. She woke up about 15 times over night and multiple times the next morning. I was supposed to be leaving for a weekend Heritage Makers retreat. Kyle left for the doctor as I left for Idaho for 3 days. Come to find out, she has Rotovirus. Cambree has been vacinated for it but Brynn missed the cut off for it. The doctor prescribed some medicine for her (suppository) and told Kyle to track how often she had a wet/messy diaper, when she threw up, how much fluid she got and how often, etc. She was doing pretty good by the time I got home on Sunday. Monday she threw up again a few times so I called yesterday morning and they wanted to check her again. Our normal pediatrician had been gone friday so he wanted to see her himself. She seemed to have just enough fluids. She dropped from 26 to 25 pounds. He sent me home with instructions to try soup/broth. She seemed to take this well and kept is down until after her nap. He said to try again with medicine this time and if that didn't work, to take her straight to Primary. We tried that and it lasted until 12:00 last night. We decided it would be best for her to get some sleep. When I called this morning, he said to see how she does for a while today and to call if she can't keep her food down. She gave me a small smile for the picture. What a great sport! She seems to be doing a bit better today so I am praying she can keep her food down. If not, we may have our first visit to Primary Childrens.


Cambree is starting to stand a bit. She usually gets mad at me if I let go of her but I was able to get her to stand by the couch for a while. She even smiled for the camera.



I can't believe she is going to be one on May 2nd!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I am so sorry you and Kyle have had to go through all of that. That just sucks! I wonder how she got it ...did they say? GOod luck and I hope that you don't end up at Primary's but if you do Derek is working tonight!

Simi B. Cazeau said...

Can't imagine how you guys are feeling. Geeze, I hope and pray she fights this roto thing off.

Jenny said...

Poor baby. That really sucks. I hope she gets better soon. You can tell from the pics that she doesn't feel well. Even in the one where she is smiling.

I can't believe Cambree is getting that old!!

Stacy said...

Poor girl! That is so hard on everyone involved. I hope she gets felling better soon.