I have had a complete lack of motivation in doing just about anything lately! The problem is mostly because we are expecting our fourth child! We are very excited but at this point, I am trying to just make it through one day at a time. I am very blessed to never have any real problems in pregnancy other than the normal being uncomfortable. The thing that is hard for me is the first four to five months. For those who have not been around me in the first half of being pregnant, I tend to get pretty sick. I've never been hospitalized because of it but it makes it hard to have much energy to get anything done. Right now, I am about 10 weeks along, due August 22nd. I have already lost 5 pounds. Why is it that I can so easily lose weight the one time it's okay to be gaining weight??? I am able to keep some food down, its a matter of finding anything that sounds good enough to actually put in my mouth. It makes food a real stress for me.
On a happier note, I had my first doctor visit last Friday and it went really well. My doctor always does an ultrasound at this appointment. It is always fun having an ultrasound but honestly, this early, there really isn't too much to see. That is not how I felt this time! I could see the little head, arms and legs. It was cool to feel like I could actually tell what was what even when it is so incredibly small. After a few minutes, the doctor said, 'Oh, look, it's moving all over!' Sure enough, it's little arms were going like crazy and it was just squirming all over the place. It was so amazing. It was a real reminder that this is a real little person in there and that we have been trusted, again, to bring a child into this world. What and amazing, and scary experience. FOUR kids! Aaaggh, what I am going to do!!! Growing up with only three kids in my family has four scaring me a bit. I won't even be able to call my mom and have her know how it is to have four. She would still offer comfort though. I know we will figure it out and be fine but it is all a little much to think about some days. I am now on medication for the sickness and it seems to help. I still have a hard time eating but I don't feel that churning nausea all day now. Hopefully it doesn't last as long this time.
I will try to post pictures soon but our computer that has the scanner attached to it is REALLY slow and the picture from the ultrasounds isn't the best. Hopefully I can get myself to do that before too long.
New Blog!
12 years ago

8 comments:
Congratulations. I am so excited for you. Sorry to hear that you have been sick. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon. I have heard that three is the hardest...and anything after that is easy to handle. You'll have to let me know if you think that is true.
Congratulations. You will be a great mommyX4!
You have a beautiful family. I have loved reading through your Blog and catching up on what you have been up to.
Snooping around
Kristen Scofield (the crazy redhead from OHS)
Congratulatons! You have cute kids so this is awesome! Any guesses if it's a boy or a girl?
Dillan would love another boy. He had a rough time when we found out Cambree was going to be a girl. Since we have two girls, it would be fun to have another boy but I honestly will be thrilled no matter what. I don't have any feelings on what it is yet.
I am so happy for you. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is a breeze and you have no more sickness! I went to the dr. today and so far I have only gained 5lbs! NOt bad for being 20 weeks!
Congratulations!!! How exciting.
Congratulations! I know that you are a fantastic mom and can totally handle 4 (or more?) kids! :) Plus your kids are always SOOO ADORABLE that you have to have more!
I'm sorry you're so sick though, do you need anything? Carls Jr? :)
Congratulations! That is so exciting! You are a great mom, you will handle four just fine! So I got your message a while back, and I'm not avoiding you, but I got a new phone and I haven't transferred all the numbers yet. Unfortunately I'm a little too dependent on my phone remembering all the numbers! But we should for sure plan a day. Weekends are probably the best for us. But during the week the days that absolutely would not work would be Mondays and Wednesdays. So give me a call, or email or whatever is easiest, and we will make a plan. I hope you start feeling better soon!
Post a Comment