Today is Dillan's first day of Kindergarten! I can't belive that he is that old already. He is so excited and I know that he is going to do very well. He has been practicing reading and spelling a lot over the last week. He went in last Monday for his assessment. He was excited to tell us that he had done, "Good, good, good!" He also told me that the teacher asked him if he was sure he wasn't going into first grade because he had done so well.
Well, ready or not, we have started the journey of public school. I just pray that he makes good friends and can filter out the good from bad that he is exposed to. Kyle gave him a Father's blessing last night which is something that both of our dads did for us growing up. I am grateful that Kyle was able to that for Dillan and I know that he is starting off his schooling under the watchful eye of our Father in Heaven. Knowing that, I trust that he is in the best possible care he could be in. This is the main reason why I am not a complete mess right now after having dropped him off this morning. I'm sure there will be many fun and interesting stories to come.

5 comments:
Wow how exciting! Hannah gets to go to Kindergarten next year, it's so crazy how fast they grow up! She's starting preschool on the 25th, she's pretty excited about that.
He looks so grown up and ready to go. I hope he has a great day, and great year and that he also makes good friends.
I agree sending a child to school is so scary. I've got 5 years and I'm scared now. There really is nothing like a fathers blessing. Best luck with his friend selection - we could find someone like Kyle did - Jarom, scary. :)
I cant't believe he's so big! I remember when you brought him to the gym in Springville right after he was born! He's so cute in his new school clothes. Good luck with everything!
How fun! I love the first day of school. (mine is rapidly approaching) Your kids are SO CUTE!!! I can't believe you have a kindergartner!
So cute! I can't believe he's all grown up!
Post a Comment