Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kids say the funniest things!

When we got home from church on Sunday Kyle asked Brynn what she had learned in Nursery that day. She said they had learned about blessings, like when babies are blessed. Kyle asked her who gives blessings. She answered that men do. Kyle said, "Yea, Men with the Priesthood do." Brynn then said, "I guess his name could be Teresa..." Not sure how she got Teresa out of Priesthood, but it was really funny. She just had this look on her face like: sure dad, if that's what you want him to be named. We couldn't stop laughing.
Dillan had his own funny church related thing he said. When President Hinckley passed away, the flags had all been lowered. Kyle was driving somewhere with the kids and Dillan asked him why the flag was only part way up. Kyle explained that when someone like the Prophet passes away, flags are lowered to remember them. He told him about how the Prophet had passed away and was in heaven now. Dillan told me all about this a couple of days later. One day the kids and I were on the way home from my parent's house and Dillan noticed that the flags were raised all the way again. He suddenly, with a very excited voice, yelled out, "The Prophets alive! The flags are back up!" I almost had to pull over because I was laughing so hard. I had to tell him how the flags only stay down for a little while and that we were getting a new Prophet. It was a very funny moment.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

I LOVE it!! So cute!

Lindsay said...

Hi Andrea, thanks for the comment on my blog! Its such a small world isn't it! Devin knew exactly who your husband was. :) I'll tell Clint too!

Diana Dye said...

Oh that is hilarious. Keep writing this stuff down...they'll love to hear about it when they're older.