Tuesday, July 21, 2009

First, some random pictures. I am struggling today with getting pictures in order. I thought I had put this picture in where it fit but I didn't so it is here instead. This is how I did Brynn's hair on the 4th. I saw this on a hair blog and thought it was fun so we tried it out. I actually did this again a couple of days ago but without the ribbon. It's a cute, different way to do her hair.


I made these clocks for the kids rooms. They were so easy and really inexpensive. I did the faces on 8x8 Heritage Makers pages. A package of 5 are only $8.95 so they were each $1.80. The clocks were only $4.00 at walmart. I used a template when designing the pages so they only took me a few minutes to get the papers and embellishments that I wanted. Once I got the clocks and put them together, that only took me about 30 minutes to do all three of them. They were very easy and under $6.00 each! You can also do a 12x12 and that clock is also only $4.00 at Walgreens. I have a page ordered but haven't gotten it back yet.

This picture is one of the many things that I have come to love about where we live. We have a sliding glass door that allows us to see the sunset every night while in our living room. The day that I took this picture was an especially vibrant sunset. The picture isn't incredible because I had to use the flash. Our camera always takes blurry pictures if I don't use the flash so this was the best of the pictures I took.


I have been having a lot of trouble this month trying to get pictures on our blog. For some reason they wouldn't upload to the blog. This is why it took so long to get these pictures on. July has been packed with fun! We borrowed this ring from Kyle's mom that you hook onto the hose and it sprays water out of little holes in it. The kids had a lot of fun playing with it. I think their faces on this are hilarious.


Brynn had to show me that she got water on her hand. She was so dramatic about it too. She said, "Mom, there is water on my hand (pronounced 'haayand')!" I wish I could portray her voice when she said it. Silly little girl!



Dillan loved playing in the water which,by the way, was incredibly cold. He didn't want to stop running for too long but gave me one good pose.


Cambree didn't want to miss out on all the fun. The funny thing about this picture is that this is how she crawls in the grass, when she has a dress on, and just because she wants to some times. She does crawl 'normal' too but this is one of her favorite ways to get around. It is really funny to watch.




On the 4th of July we went to the Magna parade. We live pretty close to the border of Magna so that was the closest parade. The kids got a ton of candy and had lots of fun. It rained a few times but Kyle had picked up some umbrellas before the parade so we were prepared. The kids didn't mind the rain at all.








Brynn doing her sparkler later that afternoon. She didn't want to take her eyes off of her sparkler to take the picture.



Dillan would look at me but just barely long enough to get a picture and then he was off and running again.


Cambree is a lot like Brynn and didn't want to look away from the sparklers to look at the camera. She did say cheese though and gave me the big smile, just wouldn't look.


The kids and I felt very adventurous on the 6th and decided to go to the Museum of Natural History up at the U. I checked where to park and had the plan all laid out. It turned into a big mess taking us over an hour to get parked and on our way walking over to the museum once we got up on campus. It was a JOKE! It was a free day at the museum so the free parking right by it was full. I figured this would happen and had checked where to park in this case. It said to park at the stadium parking and that you could buy a half or whole day pass, the half day being only $2.00. I had only $2.00 cash in the house so I was ready with this. I was to look for a place to get the pass once in the parking lot. I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. I even asked a campus police officer. I asked honestly 10 people and then tried driving back over to check free parking again. I tried aroun d the stadium to see if I had gone to the wrong lot. I called my sister to check the website for me to confirm that I was in the right place for parking. I FINALLY found th box to pay at but the half day passes were only available after 12:00. STUPID!!! I didn't have enough money. Then I had to try to figure out how to get to rest of the money. I had a check book so I asked some people if they had cash that I could write them a check for. The third person I asked had the cash and insisted that I just take it. So, we hurried and parked so we could get over there before time to go home.
Notice how Cambree is the only one with a truly happy face? I guess she is the only child who isn't sick of humoring my obsessive photo taking. What a good girl!


The kids had a ton of fun and really didn't want to leave. Due to our struggles at the beginning of the adventure, I was out of time. It was already 12:30, we had only seen half of the museum and at a running speed. I had to get to the store, buy some potatoes for a funeral, cook them and have them to the luncheon at 2:30. Argggh, I was out of time. With a promise of coming back the next free day, we headed back to the car. I walked as fast as I could possibly go with two girls in a one child stroller and Dillan on my shoulders. We made it but I literally pulled out the potatoes from the oven with about 1 minute to get them to the luncheon. Kyle will be out of school on the next free day so we are going to attempt this again as a family. Much less stressful.


That is just a portion of our fun so far this month. We went to my cousin Jared's wedding this last weekend. To see the pictures that Megan has posted so far (she was the photographer), click here. It was a nice day but very warm. Dillan ended up very dehydrated. Her bridals are on there too so make sure you take a look at those while you are there. They are very pretty.
Also, Dillan is going to be starting Kindergarten on August 3rd. I though he was starting next Monday but the teacher will just doing assessments with each of the students indiviudally next week. I can't believe that my little boy is going to start school! There is a part of me that can't wait but I am also incredibly not ready for this next step in his life. Sigh...

5 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like you have been way busy but having tons of fun too. YOu are very brave I must say...NEVER would I have attempted the U campus without Derek!

Losee's said...

I loved looking at your pictures. Your kids are so cute. I love the clock idea too!

Ashlie said...

Cute clocks and hairdo! That looks intense. Boys are definitely easier in the hair department. ;) Your kids are so cute!

Jenny said...

i cant wait for claire's hair to grow up so I can do stuff like that.
i went to free day at the children's museum. that was crazy. i am sure your kids still had fun.

Erin said...

You are BRAVE!!! If that was me, I probably would have been crying the whole way back to the car!!! Dylan on your shoulders?! Sheesh! You go girl!