Monday, July 13, 2009

I am way behind

Sorry it has been so long since I posted. June ended up being a very busy month for us. I had a 5 day training that I had the opportunity to go to and Kyle had Youth Conference. A lot has happened in the past week even so I don't know that I could ever go back and catch up.
Brynn is finally potty training! Yea!!! She has been doing great. Also, Cambree took a few steps between Kyle and I last week. I forgot to tell everyone because it was late. It was very exciting though.
On Friday, we got our garage door fixed. About 2 weeks ago, I pulled out and pushed the button to close it and it went all wierd. It took our neighbor and I 15 minutes to get it to close. What a mess! We found a great company to come and fix it. It is wonderful! You can't hear the garage door from the house. Sometimes I think this is a bad thing, but mostly a good thing. It sometimes scares me when Kyle gets home if I don't hear him. Luckily the Trooper is loud enough that I typically hear him despite the garage door being quiet.
The other big thing we did Friday was pull out stumps and cut down trees. Getting the stumps out went really well. There are a few spots that the last owners had put a planter box around some trees so there is no grass there now. Other than that though, there is very little evidence of any stumps having been in the yard. It went really well. I was a little sad to see our nice shade in our backyard go away but they were big poplars that were starting to tip towards our neighbor's house. They made us nervous everytime it got windy, which it does fairly often out here. They also sent up little sprouts of trees all over the place. My parents came up to help and there is no way we could have done this by ourselves. My mom watched the kids so that I could help. My dad was like a monkey climbing around in the trees. I wish I had a picture of the whole process but I was too busy trying to help and make sure everyone was safe that I didn't think about it. My dad just climbed right up and only a few times was he fastened to the tree with climbing equipment. We worked for a couple of hours and got all of the trees that we were concerned about down. Now we only have about 3 more of that kinds of tree that will need to come down in the next year or so. We now have a pile of trees about the size out the Mt. Everest (when thinking about tree pile sizes). We are grateful to have that done and even more grateful that it went about perfect getting those trees down. Cutting down trees the size these were can be pretty scary but it could not have gone any better. No one got seriously hurt. We have a few scratches and bruises but it's always good to have a few battle wounds, right?
I am having trouble uploading pictures so I will post more hopefully later today.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I sounds like you guys have been VERY busy indeed! I am glad all went well with your yard and the trees. That is all ways nice to get a lot done!!! I can't wait to see the pics.

kim said...

Hey Andrea! Cute blog--I'm glad you told me about it, so I can keep in touch more with you guys. Your kids are getting so big!