Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day and more Birthdays!

First of all, I have to show off one of our new pictures. Megan took our family pictures again. If you want to see more, click here. The face Cambree is making in this picture is her 'bugged face' but I have to try not to laugh every time because it is sooo cute!
Kyle and I went to a Mother's Day Luau that the Kinikini family put on. We ate (a ton!) and watched the Kinikini Family perform. What a great night. Nicole was at our house to watch the kids so I had her take a picture of us. We never get pictures of just us. We had so much fun, and it was great to finally go on a date without our kids!

Mother's Day on Sunday was great. I enjoyed having time with my family. I'm grateful for our three beautiful children and my wonderful husband. Kyle let me get a new pair of shoes! I LOVE shoes but I rarely get a new pair. I am really excited to wear them.


Sunday evening we celebrated Brynn's birthday with Kyle's family. We had presents and cake with the Campbell's. Monday our little girl turned 3! I don't know if I can handle all these brithdays at once. They are all growing up so fast and I can't believe it! She opened presents on Monday afternoon and then my parents came up that evening to give her the presents they had for her. She had a great day.





Don't even ask about the cake...I feel like a bad mother. All these darling cakes that people are making, and I didn't. I even know how! I ran out of time to get it all ready, and I had a gift card for an ice cream cake at Coldstone. Maybe a cute one next year. Stay tuned!

This cradle that we gave her was mine when I was about her age. It was gold and really chipped so I found a spray paint that looks like hammered metal. You can't tell how cool it is from this picture but it looks tons better than it did. I forgot to take a before picture until halfway through so that ruined the effect. Just believe me when I say it looks great now and needed help before!
We had a fun weekend with a lot going on. We had some neat things happen with amazing people we've meet here in our new neighborhood doing a big service for us. I can't even explain how grateful we are for all of the incredible people in our lives. I have a hard time accepting service on our behalf but I kept my mouth closed and watched as this wonderful person mowed and trimmed our entire yard so that Kyle could work on homework. We didn't have our own lawnmower yet but we were going to get one soon. He even helped us with getting a lawnmower and saving us a lot of money. Long story, so I won't include it. All he said after was to make sure to enjoy my husband while he is off school! It hit me pretty hard and I could never thank him enough!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Your pictures look great Andrea and I CAN'T believe that Brynn is 3! HOLY CRAP where has the time gone. Hope that you had a happy mother's day.

Trisha said...

Ice cream cakes are the best! I would take one of those any day. Besides you are amazing at so many things, you don't have to be a cake maker too. The rest of us will never catch up. I love the pictures. Your family is so dang cute.

Stacy said...

Megan did a great job!!! Those pictures are SO good!! I can't believe that Brynn is three already, they are growing up so fast. That cake looks SO YUMMY!!!! I love ice cream cakes!!

Unknown said...

This is so wonderful. I love our ward, they are so great!

Rasmussen Forever said...

Your kids are so darling. I'm so happy you both made it out to the luau. You too are the best. Thanks for always being great friends.