Okay everyone! I've decided a goal and want to declare so I am more commited to doing it. I just found out about a website that takes your local store sales and combines them with the sunday paper adds so that you can buy things when they are rock bottom prices, and then add on a coupon. A lady that they had on Good Morning Utah, spent about $120 before the discounts and walked out of the store having only payed $49!!! I can handle that much money for groceries. I was talking to my mom about this today and she said that my sister just had an enrichment class where a lady who uses this website taught them about how to use it. Amy said this lady gets diapers for only $2!!! Can you believe that?!? Anyway, here are the two websites that I am going to try to use:
grocerysmarts.com- passport: g84cml (to be able to see local information)
and buyingsmart.blogspot.com- this is the blog of the lady who taught Amy's class. It shows how to use the gracerysmarts website.
I will keep everyone posted on how it goes. I need to get mulitple copies of the Sunday Paper coming and I will get to work!
New Blog!
12 years ago

6 comments:
I just went to a pinchining pennies class and it sounded great! Go to pinchingpennies.com its amazing!
Good luck with that. I can't make that kind of thing work for me, so I've been doing other things. I hate messing with the coupons and they are usually for things I wouldn't normally buy or convenience foods that we don't eat. I've never figured out any way to use more than a few coupons because store brands are cheaper in general. We also don't have any stores that double coupons here. I hope you can have success with it though! I've resorted to making myself a big spreadsheet with all the common items we buy and doing lots of price checking so I know which stores have the best prices for each item and when an item is at it's best price.
It's amazing how a simple commitment on a blog can motivate you to be better commited. Try out
www.beingfrugalisfabulous.com. She's pretty good! I mainly use her for redbox codes
Its funny that you posted this, because all week I've been thinking about this same thing. There was lady on Oprah who talked about this, and I thought I really need to do that. I have a few friends who are really in to it also. I was thinking of having that lady come do a class at my house. Would you want to come? I think she gets a discounted price on the newspaper.
I would be interested. We had seen Oprah too and I was trying to see how I could do all the things that she does and finding this website just made all the loose ends make sense to me. I've checked out other websites before but it was all too overwhelming. When I checked the blog that I posted, her explanation made so much sense and she got diapers for free! I am willing to get any brand and trying to use a bigger variety of groceries for those prices!
Man, Andrea, you are awesome! You have just inspired me to try it. Any more info you have on this would be greatly appreciated!
Post a Comment