Thursday, September 23, 2010

Trevin, 1st grade, preschool, and more!

So much has happened in the last 5-6 weeks! Obviously, as earlier posted, we had our darling baby boy, Trevin. We are so grateful to have him in our family. He has had a bit of acid reflux making him a sad baby half the time but is now being medicated and now doing better. I have gotten a couple of smiles out of him now!

Here is the moment he was delivered. My incredible doctor was out of town but I was very grateful that he has partners that are great too to step in for him. Dr. Terry delivered Trevin and was wonderful to work with. I was so sad that Dr. Barton couldn't be there but hey, what do you do right? I wanted that baby OUT!!!


One of our first moments together with him:

If you don't want the 'story', tune out here:


I will keep this as short as possible. Kyle was asked to clean the church on August 14th. There was no way I was going to sit around at home when I could do a possibly labor inducing activity! I selfishly offered that we could all go. If nothing else, it was better than being home wishing something would happen. After 2 hours of cleaning, we were finally done and headed home. An hour or so later, we were calling Carolyn (Kyle's mom) to come watch the kids so we could head to the hospital.
Once there, I was only at a two. BUMMER! Our sweet nurse asked if I could walk for 40 minutes to see if it would progress things at all. I told here I would do ANYTHING to not be sent home. I was serious too. We walked, and walked, and walked, remind you of a primary song??? Finally it was time to be checked again. A three! That was it! She said she would check to see if Dr. Terry wanted to admit me or watch for another hour. Thank goodness he had a kind heart and allowed me to stay. At this point, we called Megan who was going to be taking pictures of the experience. (No, none were invading my privacy and were clean enough for all to see)
Throughout the night, not much was happening. I was started on pitocin half way through the night to help speed things up. By early morning I was only at a four. Dr. Terry came in around 7:00 and broke my water. I was SURE this would speed things up drastically. A couple of hours later and nothing was happening. The nurse wondered if the monitor for my contractions wasn't reading them accurately. She put an internal monitor in and sure enough, she said I was having pre-labor bump contractions. She pumped up the dosage of pitocin and predicted the baby would make his debut by 12:00. This was 2 hours away but I think Kyle, Megan and I were all skeptical.
At 11 something, the nurse came to check me and I was finally at a 10! I pushed about 5 times and all 9 lbs. 2 oz of Trevin were finally here! He had (has) tons of thick, long dark hair.
I am so grateful to have him here with our family and to have the weight off my hips. They were a little messed up at first but much better now.

NEXT big thing:
Dillan started 1st grade! This was a little but more dramatic than it would have been because he was accepted into our schools Magnet (gifted) program. This means he is one of 54 1st graders in the district in this program and has to go to a different school. Luckily, Dillan makes friends so easily that he wasn't even concerned about going somewhere new. I was a bit weary of sending him 10-15 minutes away on a bus at 6 years old but he has loved it and is adjusting well.


The next big event was Trevin's blessing. This was all quick but we were able to have it over Labor Day weekend so Amy (my sister) could come from Las Vegas with her family. It was great to have them and everyone else who came here.

Then, Brynn started Preschool. I was really worried about how well she would handle going. She always does well once she is used to something new but has become quite shy and really has to warm up. She looked a bit nervous the first day but loves it and is having a lot of fun. She also started dance but I didn't post that picture yet. She is loving that too. I can't wait to see her perform in May.

The whole family is now BYU outfitted. Have you EVER seen a dad more proud?!? I also learned in the last couple of weeks that if I really want to get Kyle's attention and get compliments, I just need to throw on an oversized, BYU or Hunter High shirt and I will get all the compliments Kyle can come up with! Finally after nearly 8 years of marriage, I know how to really look good. Forget the heels, make-up and jewelry...bring on the sports wear!!! (You my be laughing right now if you're still reading this but, this is NO JOKE, ask Kyle! He really does compliment me more ; ) )

Here is Trevin yesterday. He is already growing so fast. I just want to keep him small forever. I am already having problems with him getting bigger. I can't believe how fast time is going. It doesn't help that he is so big and never really looked like a newborn. He was 10 lbs 4 oz two weeks ago!
Now for the last thing of this post. We LOVE the State Fair. This has become a really fun tradition for our family. We go every year and the kids love it. Here are just a few pictures from the fair:



Hopefully now that we are in a routine finally, I will get better at posting. I am definitely not promising anything though!

7 comments:

Sara said...

I am glad that everything is going so well. You have cute kiddies. I miss seeing them all reguarly! That is a great delivery picture. I am sure that only mom's can appreciate them! I have some great ones and others think they are gross! I love them though.

Jenny said...

Love the updates. You have such a beautiful little family!!!

What happened to Cambree...she turned into a little girl overnight!! I still picture her a baby.

Mike and Joelle said...

I love the updates and the photography, I must say you have the cutest family, congratulations on the new addition! What a cute mom you are!

Artsdeco said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Patri said...

They grow too fast i agree!! i cant believe how big trevin is already!! Precious and so handsome!!

Shooting Star said...

What a cute post. The picture of Trevin with the doctor is amazing! What a cool experience to be able to have a photographer there. I hope you don't mind that I follow your blog. I love your family, you guys are so cute. Send an e-mail to aubrey.schow@imail.org and I will send you an invite to my blog if you want.

Lisa said...

Andie I love your family! I liked hearing your story about the birth. I really wonder how all that is going to go. It's weird that Dilan is already in 1st grade! I remember when he was this little baby that would fall down and hit his head, but be just fine as long as you clapped and smiled. :)