Friday, July 23, 2010

Almost time!

The final month is here! This is what has consumed my life, and caused the major lack in blogging:
We are so excited to meet this little guy in just a couple of weeks! I am not due until the 22nd of August but I am scheduled to be induced on the 17th. I have been contracting already so I am hoping that is helping this process along and that maybe I won't have to be induced. I prefer not to be but Dillan starts school the day after my due date and I don't want to be in the hospital when he goes back. He is going to a different school this year so it will be a big change for him. The school district has a program called the Magnet Program. It is for accelerated students. Dillan was invited to test into the program based on the scores that he got on the testing at his school. We received a letter saying he didn't get in, had a fight with the school to make sure he was in the school's 'gifted' program. I won that fight and got him in, only to get a letter from the district the following day saying he was now accepted for the magnet program and did we want to accept that invite. He has become quite the little reader and we are very proud of him. On the Dibels test which is the test for reading, a 34 is considered literate. Dillan got a score of 139! I couldn't believe it when his teacher told me and apparently the computer didn't either and tried to tell them the score wasn't probable when they entered it. Anyway, enough bragging. It'll be an interesting year with him switching schools and going to a school that is 10+ minutes from our house. He will likely be riding the bus which stresses me out a little but he is excited.

Well, hopefully before too long, I will be posting pictures of our new baby! Until then, I am not promising anything! I have SOOO much to do before he comes!

4 comments:

Megan Hall said...

I can't believe you are going to have a baby soon! How exciting! And I like those pictures of you by the way ;)

Sara said...

You look great. I love the pictures your sister took. GOod luck with delivery and we can't wait to hear and see baby. Tell Kyle we don't want any Jazz play by plays this time since there are no games....YET!

Holly said...

I hope you can get that baby here safely before school starts. That IS a hard thing- to be due right at the start of school. You look lovely!

Rochelle said...

such beautiful pictures! Good luck with everthing and keep me posted.