Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The news is here!

We ended up having the ultrasound a few days early. On Monday night I had some fairly heavy bleeding. I talked to the on-call doctor. and he said to watch and if it didn't stop, to head to the ER. If it did overnight, just call and my doctor may want to move up my ultrasound to the next day (Tues.) just to be sure all was well. Kyle gave me a blessing and I felt really good about things. I had been promised in a earlier blessing that the baby was, and would be healthy. The next morning all the bleeding has stopped but after talking to the nurse, she decided to have me come in just to be sure. We went in late yesterday and had the ultrasound. Everything looked really good. The placenta is where it should be and there are no signs of separation or any other things to cause concern. There was no signs of bleeding. This was all great news, just as we expected it would be. We also got to find out the gender of this little baby!
And the result is...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


Can you tell from the reaction of the kids???













It's a BOY!!!
Here is the profile of our little guy. This was very hard to get because he was pressing his face against the placenta. You can see it, it's the lighter colored blob to the left of his face, above his stomach.

It was about the most uncomfortable ultrasound ever! He was laying right on my VERY FULL bladder! Because of where his face was, the tech had a hard time getting good views at some of the things she needs to check. Then when she was trying to get a good look at the cord which they check for 3 vessels, she would just get it in view, and he would kick the cord so she would have to try all over again. At one point she was pushing with both hands. When she tried to get him to move around though so she could get better views of other things she needed to check, he was just cozy how he was and wouldn't budge. Everything looked great with the baby. We are all excited and can't wait to meet this little guy!

9 comments:

Sara said...

WE are so happy for you guys and excited to have yet another boy in our little group. Him and Eli will be so close in age! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly.

Trisha said...

Yea a boy! How exciting, 2 boys and 2 girls - nice! I'm glad the bleeding stopped, that can be so scary.

Nicky and Patrick said...

Yeah, how exciting! Congrats and I'm glad everything is good.

The Snellie's said...

Yay I do love Dillan's face!

Holly said...

Congrats! Thats great! I agree that Dillan looks so excited to be getting a brother! I'm glad the bleeding stopped, that is scary! I had some bleeding very early in the pregnancy with Josh, and even had 2 different blood draws that said my pregnancy levels were decreasing, but an ultrasound showed he was there and healthy! It was pretty scary though.
I can't wait to hear what his name will be, all your kids have beautiful names!

Stacy said...

Congrats!!! I am so glad you are having another boy!!! I bet Dillan is SO excited! That is AWESOME!!!!

Ashlie said...

Congrats guys! So glad things are okay!

Jenny said...

Wow how scary. I don't know how you stayed so calm. Glad everything is okay.

Congrats!!! Dillan and Kyle need someone else on their side.

Erin said...

Congratulations!!